Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reflection 1: My composition

This was our first official lesson to begin our compositions. I used the time in class to compose a chord sequence and work my way around a melody line. Initially, i wanted to use the chord sequence of Am G Em F, but I realised these chords were too easy. So, to extend myself so I tried to include a more complex chord. So now chord pattern is D A F#m E, this is my main chord pattern but to ensure that the song's not completely composed with repetition, i'll either vary the chord sequence when it comes to the bridge, or I'll incorporate pre choruses to switch up melody lines. I already started recording my chord sequence, I recorded 8 bars so far, and layered in a bass organ and some calming sounds of dripping. This adds to the relaxing atmosphere. I started thinking of a melody line for the chorus, although I'm not quite sure of the lyrics. But basically, so far, the ocean has been my inspiration for my composition so far. So my lyrics may be about the ocean, or an relaxing/ calming element. And lastly, my structure for the piece will be something like this: Verse 1, Pre-chorus, Chorus, Verse 2, Pre-chorus, Chorus, Bridge and end with chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment